Monday, March 19, 2012

Burnside Review Fiction Chapbook Contest

The official notice is up on the Burnside Review website, so I can spread the word far and wide myself: my sequence of linked prose poems/flash fictions, "Detours," was chosen by Blake Butler as winner of the 2011 Burnside Review Fiction Chapbook Contest. I've been detouring with these words for a good while; winning the contest is immensely gratifying. I'm grateful to the literary journals that published portions of the manuscript in the past (Southern Poetry Review, Permafrost), and to friends who listened to or read all or part. And I'm looking forward to thinking about cover art, and planning a reading and release party for later in the year--with, I hope, some good wine and lots of friends. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous news! Congratulations, Amalia... I absolutely look forward to reading Detours when it's out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it. What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete